Noble Consultancy




If you’re a non-EU citizen hoping to study abroad in Lithuania for more than 90 days, you’ll need to apply for a student visa (Visa D) and a temporary residence permit.

International students from EU, EEA, or EFTA countries are exempt from visa requirements and can enter Lithuania freely. However, if your program lasts longer than three months, you’ll need to get a certificate from the Minister of the Interior recognizing your right to live in Lithuania.
The decision to issue your student visa will be taken within 15 days of the date of receipt of the application. This may be extended up to 45 calendar days in individual cases.

Check your eligibility here

    It’s well worth starting your application as soon as possible because delays could mean it takes much longer for you to get your visa.

    If your family members are EU, EEA, or EFTA citizens, they can join you in Lithuania for up to 90 days without a visa. They can stay for longer, but they’ll need to seek permission and receive an official certificate from the Minister of the Interior.


    Non-EU citizens will need to apply for a tourist visa, followed by a temporary residence permit if they hope to accompany you on your study abroad adventure.